Public speaking has evolved.
- The art of public speaking has changed significantly since Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela and Winston Churchill.
- “Most people haven’t caught up”, “the old mechanical performance mentality needs to change so people can connect with listeners”.
- “Donald Trump is an example of this evolution. By the old approach, Donald Trump would be considered a terrible speaker, but he is able to make a powerful connection with his core audience, and he delivers vivid messages that even his opponents repeat.”
When asked about public speaking tips, Cam Barber responded with three key points:
- The ability to deliver a vivid message that can be recalled and hopefully repeated;
- The ability to connect with an audience and be believable;
- And the ability to bring an idea to life.
Check out the full public speaking article here.