[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/5906122/height/100/width/480/thumbnail/yes/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/tdest_id/550031/custom-color/c31f1f” height=”100″ width=”480″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Cam interviews Amanda Lee who is the Content Director at Perth radio station 92.9FM.
Amanda talks about:
Her leadership Message to her managers, “Is everything in your team aligned to create great content?”
Her realisation that, even thought she wasn’t nervous as a speaker, she knew she wasn’t clear enough.
And her question: How do I get so confident about what I’m delivering that I don’t need notes?
Top Messages in this episode:
- “It’s really important to have strong messaging as a leader.”
- “Great leaders inspire people.”
- “We are Perth’s number 1 radio station for hits and old school.”
- “We play all the hits the current hits that everyone loves and also the old school you grew up with.”
- “Get up with Heidi and Woody.”
- “Get a lift home with Hamish and Andy.”
- “Radio is an intimate relationship with the listener.”
- “Who do we target, and whats important to them, what content are they interested in.”
- “My role is to create a positive and creative culture.”
- “Our trademark = our principles and guidelines.”
- “Respect for each other, not taking things personally, celebrating wins.”
- “Normally a message is not a question, it is a statement.”
- “Is everything aligned in your team to create great content?”
- “So many business now need to create good content in order to succeed.”
- “As a leader you shouldn’t go in and change everything straight away, start by observing and asking lots of questions.”
- “You gotta encourage your team to move with you, that takes strategy.”
- “Rome was not built in a day.”
- “I used to be a public speaker in school, I was brilliant, won all the competitions.”
- “I didn’t care what people thought.”
- “I want to be remembered for my messages and for my vision.”
- “You gotta ask for help, it’s all about self development.”
1:19 Messaging Amanda uses in her role?
1:49 The main strategies and key messages that are used at the radio station.
2:45 The radio stations secondary message.
3:27 As a person in a leadership position what is her message to her team?
4:31 The tag lines and messages, Amanda uses to guide and encourage creativity.
6:28 “Is everything aligned in your team to create great content?”
8:04 What Amanda believes a leader should do when they join a new team.
9:51 Amanda’s challenges she had as a public speaker.
11:10 Amanda’s time as on-air presenter affected her speaking in front of people.
12:40 Getting help from Cam on strong messaging.
13:13 Amanda’s triggers that lead to a lack of confidence.
14:28 Why you should ask for help.